Upgrade is the first option that you see that you mentioned in that list followed by the statement that you don’t see upgrade anywhere.. What's the first option then?

Assuming your response was a typo, are you installing using the same UNIX system user as the previous install? If the user you are installing as is different and has no access to the installation directories as the previous user, I can see how it may not be able to read the previous installations configuration files. Was the previous installation a root install and you are now attempting a non root upgrade? Was the previous installation owned by some other non root user?

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Anders Lauri Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:54 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS 7.6.04 SP2 no upgrade option in Linux

It's asking me to specify the table and temp. table, when I select the same, it's says the only valid options are upgrade, overwrite and server group. I don't see upgrade anywhere.

I saw that when upgrading to 7.6.03 when I didn't re-type all the passwords into the installer. When I re-typed the passwords (even though it looked like it already knew them) it gave me the upgrade option. Apparently if it asks for the DBA info then it couldn't connect as the aradmin user.

Fred

-----Original Message----- From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Anders Lauri
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:04 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.6.04 SP2 no upgrade option in Linux

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to SP2 from version 7.6.04, however, I'm not prompted with any upgrade option, the installer finds my current ARS-installation, however, no option regarding update is presented, only overwrite or new installation (the installer asks for DBA-admin credentials later in the installation).

Anyone have a suggestion on what might cause this?

Best Regards,

Anders L.