From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Nathan Aker
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:26 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server 'Alive' check

**

You will want to run some kind of check to ensure the plugin server is working.
  We do a midtier transaction to login with a service account that has the home
page set to the Overview console.  Because the overview console leverages the
plugin server (at least in v 7.6.04) we do a screen text scrape of the header
content section of the overview console to ensure it loaded.  This tells us 4
things: 1 – Remedy ARS is up, 2 – Midtier is up, 3 – AD Authentication is
functioning, 4 – Plugin Server is running.

We chose to do this specific test after various issues with the plugin server
which would occur despite the fact that ARS was up and running fine.  Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect

McAfee, Inc.