David,
If you are running 7.5 I think it was...you can configure everything to go
to the 'prompt bar'....that's not a popup :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of David Durling
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 3:29 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Avoiding pop-ups while requiring input

We're rolling out an app for staff that normally don't use Remedy, and a
usability concern is browser pop-up blockers.   (I know the login page warns
about pop-ups, but I've seen it ignored & I've done it myself.)  This is a
rather detailed Remedy form, and if they get a pop-up & have to reload the
page, the user input is lost.

I took out "message" actions from my workflow to avoid this, but there are
still Required fields:  if left blank, they use a pop-up box.

Does anyone have a creative way for getting around this for required fields?
Maybe some trick where the fields are not really required on the database
side, but not sure how ensure they are populated without using a message to
the user.  Or something else I can do?

David

---
David Durling                  durl...@uga.edu
Enterprise IT Services          706-542-0223
University of Georgia

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org