From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIS=
T.ORG] On Behalf Of Dennis Ruble
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 7.6.04 Full Text Search problems

**=20
LJ,=20
We've tried it both ways.  BMC initially installed it with each server writ=
ing to the collection directory.  The problem appeared intermittent at that=
 time with the primary server usually being able to write and the secondary=
 server locked out once the problem occurred.  =20

Based upon recommendations from support we reconfigured making the primary =
server the only indexer.  The secondary and integration servers are not in =
the ranking form at all for "Full Text Index" and have the config set to "D=
isable FTS Indexer".  There's a paper on configuring this way due to perfor=
mance, and we hoped it would take care of the lock issue too.  =20

FTS does function fine when the secondary server is down.  Due to test sche=
dule and the amount of reconfiguration to do to make the secondary server t=
he only indexer I haven't tested to see if it was any better with the secon=
dary being the indexer.=20

Thanks,=20
Dennis=20