I agree with Warren that SLA pinging is the rule rather than the exception,
at least on initial responses.  My experience is that the process you want
cannot differ greatly from the process by which you compensate people, or
you force them to choose between doing the best thing for the customers or
for themselves.  And it is hard to blame someone not making a lot of money
for trying to legally maximize what little they can earn.

But since I am completely unaware of any contractual penalties for BMC's
SLA violations (without which, aren't they pretty much just guidelines,
like The Pirate Code?), it is pretty much a moot point, isn't it?

Rick