DETAIL QUESTION (to Joe, Saby, .... and everybody else ;-) ):

Don't you feel the need to select the properties that will be documented in the CSV?
Granularity?

Kaïs

On 19/06/2012 17:12, Joe Martin D'Souza wrote:
**
Didn’t know you’ll already created that capacity..
I wonder why BMC developers didn’t think that would be a useful feature to have on the Dev Studio itself. I wonder if there is a plugin available (just like the unsupported one for creating overlay of multiple views) where you could retrieve the original object from the overlaid.. That would be a so nice to have feature on the Dev Studio itself. It would save so much time especially when developers change hands or if customization has been more than 5% of all the objects when its almost impossible to remember what was changed..
Joe
*From:* Support <mailto:supp...@arsmarts.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:56 AM
*Newsgroups:* public.remedy.arsystem.general
*To:* arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
*Subject:* Re: Export definitions to CSV file
** Thanks for your input.

With ARSmarts, we brought it so far that you can:
- compare Overlay with Overlaid
- produce a detailed documentation of the comparison result in HTML
- produce a basic report in CSV (Object Name, Type of difference)

The next question is: what else would be useful ? What columns would you like to see in the CSV doc?

Kaïs