Does anyone have any tips to determine what could be making my system run
slowly?

My network team says it is not the network.  Even though it happens at almost
the same time every day.

I have no escalations running at that time and have done most of the tuning
that was in the BMC documents.

My tomcat service grows up to 5 GB fairly quickly.  Of course when I restart
the tomcat people stop reporting the slowness.

Management wants me to submit a ticket to BMC (already done this several times)
and there is no real result.  They do a WebEx, look at the logs and there is no
appreciable speed increase.

The Mid-tier Server has 24 GB of ram.
The Application Server has 16 GB.
The Database Server has 16 GB

ITSM 7.6.04 SP2
Mid-Tier SP3
ARS SP3
Oracle (latest version - can't find the patch number)

The servers are all in the same physical location.  The App and Mid-tier
servers are Win 2008 and the DB server is a UNIX server.