This is one of the thing I don't like of version 7.6, the discontinued user
tool.

The fact that rebooting the mid-tier fixes the system doesn't mean that the
problem is on mid-tier. When you reboot the mid-tier all user sessions at
ARS are closed, and any bad situation regarding those sessions is fixed. It
happened to me to have a active link endless loop (BMC bug: The typical
goto 999 to end the processing, that was written "99", and the goto was at
order 500). When the user got inside it, the system started to go slow.
Rebooting the mid-tier solved the problem, because the active link
stopped. When connecting to the server during the slow-time-frame with the
user tool we demonstrate that the ARS was the slow part. So we focused to
see what was happening at this part, debug of workflow and see the abnormal
API activity.

Regards,

Jose Huerta