Here are a few options you may want to try.  These variables do depend on your
architecture and may require tweaking.

Java Settings

-XX:+UseCompressedOops

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:NewRatio=3

-XX:PermSize=256m

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

-XX:ErrorFile=<Path>\java_hs_err.log

-XX:HeapDumpPath=<Path>

-Xincgc

-XX:PermSize=256m

JAVA_HOME C:\Program Files\Java\jdkx.x.x

JAVA_OPTS –server –Xms3072m –Xmx4096m

Tomcat

<Connector URIEncoding="UTF-8" acceptCount="250"

connectionTimeout="90000" disableUploadTimeout="true"

enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"

maxKeepAliveRequests="-1" maxThreads="300"

minSpareThreads="50" port="80"

protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>

Mid-Tier

Turn off preload

arsystem.cache_update_interval=86400

arsystem.formhtmljs_expiry_interval=86400

arsystem.resource_expiry_interval=86400

arsystem.pooling_max_connections_per_server=80

arsystem.log_level=Severe

arsystem.ehcache.overflowToDisk=true

arsystem.encache.overflowToDiskTemp=false

ARS

Allow-Unqual-Queries F

Max-Entries-Per-Query 2000

Turn Development Cache Mode off