From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Hennigan, Sandra
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:08 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SQL or Oracle

All,

I am setting up a brand new ARS with ITSM. The big decision is whether to go
with SQL or Oracle as the backend.

I prefer SQL; management thinks Oracle.

Without starting a frightening Friday foray on the List, does anyone (LOL) on
the list have an opinion? I really need some feedback with the Pros & Cons of
using either DB that I can take to my managers.

So you know, the system is for an organization that will support about 3000 end
users (Support staff plus customers). We have the entire ITSM suite to deploy
which will be accomplished in stages. We will start with Asset and Incident
Management then move onto Change and Release then to SRM.

Anyone?

Thank you,

Sandra Hennigan
Remedy Developer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.