That status reason is shared with other status selections. So when you change
the status the status reason gets cleared out on some status changea. For
example In Progress has no status reason. If there was a status reason there
selected previously it will get cleared. Also be carefull because i have
noticed that the newly selected status reason gets carried over for example
when you close a ticket and it is not a valid status reason.