There's an RFE (SW00291675) logged with BMC to make this a data driven process
which is suppose to illuminate the need to do this... might be worth checking
it out.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ahmed Sauga
Sent: Wednesday, 3 October 2012 9:30 a.m.
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Status Reason Selection Code

** Hello Everyone.

Having an issue customizing the status reason. I am adding additional values to
it on the HPD:Help Desk Form.

I have added the values in status_reason_hideen field.
I have added the values to the SYS:Status Reason Menu Item.

However, the Selection code on SYS:Status Reason Menu Item has been greyed out
and  blank; i cannot modify it. When i save the new value in this form, it also
does not generate automatically.

I recently made the same change to WOI:WorkOrder and it worked as expected.

Why is the selection code greyed out?

Any assistance would be appreciated.