The Sysinternals tools are awesome!  This is the first time I've worked
with Windows servers and just a few days ago went looking for Windows
equivalents to familiar unix tools.  Process Explorer, Process Monitor,
TCPView, and Autoruns are a few of them that I've explored so far.  Process
Monitor (similar to truss) just helped me yesterday in figuring out that I
hadn't updated my PATH the way I should have.  The email engine service
wasn't starting, and there wasn't any indication why.  None of the logs
that were supposed to have been created were there.  Following the process
as it started up using process monitor showed the file that was missing.
It was probably overkill to find a pathing issue, but BMC wasn't able to
figure it out either.

These tools have quickly found a place in my quiver.

Thad