Hi Guys,

I have inherited support of a 7.0.01 install of Remedy (AR system & ITSM on
Windows) which has some LDAP configurations setup.  I do not have much
experience with the LDAP configuration, it seems pretty straightforward but it
is not working and I think I am missing something simple.

Currently there are 4 Configurations set in the AREA LDAP Configuration.  3 of
these seem to be old and reference 3 OU structures in the same AD which no
longer exist; I have left them there but decreased their order.
1 of the current configurations searches the correct OU and users successfully
authenticate.

I want to add a new configuration for a different OU group in the same AD, so I
will have two groups of users in the same AD structure being used for
authentication.  I have copied the entire configuration Detail from the working
example and changed only the ‘User Base’ field to the new OU group path.  I
restarted the AR services and I have looked in the ar.conf file and I can see
the new settings.

I then moved a user from the original OU to the new OU group but they cannot
login.

Questions I have:
Do you have to restart services after you make changes to the AREA LDAP
configurations?
Can you authenticate to multiple OU groups in the same AD?
Is it ok to have multiple Configurations using the same Port number, username,
password etc?
Do I need to configure Failover Timeout or Chase Referral.

Any advice on what I am doing wrong or how I can troubleshoot this one would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony