Thanks for the reply John,

I have to wait until I am outside core hours before I can restart anything
again but I will try restarting only the arplugin this time, thanks.

By OU I mean Organizational Units so yes different sub-trees.  Unfortunately I
can’t use the parent as the  base DN and search down as that would allow access
to some groups that should be restricted.  Example of what I mean below:

Parent
  - old group
     -  old restricted Users
     -  old Remedy Users
  - new group
     - new restricted Users
     - new Remedy Users

Currently we search 'Old Remedy Users' for authentication of the users. Over
the next few weeks users are being moved from 'Old Remedy Users' to 'New Remedy
Users' in stages.  So i need Remedy to be able to authenticate both those
groups without including the Restricted users.

The document is very good but the only thing that I can see that I can use is
to try setting a timeout and Chase refferal settings.  I will have another go
this evening.

Thanks
Tony