Are you loading a MT URL into a View Field or using Inline
Forms<https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ars8000/Inline+forms>?
 If you are not taking advantage of Inline Forms you may want to consider
it.

If you are loading the View Field with a URL are specifying the MODE?  A
URL will open a form in search mode by default which might change behavior
from what you expect.

Jason