I just checked one of the forms I use only Inline and all of the AL that
setup the form are working with Window Loaded.  None of them are use
Display or Window Open.

This system was build 7.6.04 and upgraded to 8.0 and then 8.1.  It has
worked the whole time.  Sorry that doesn't help you figure out why it isn't
working but confirms that it can work.

So as a simple test if you have an AL that doesn't have a Run If, fires on
Windows Loaded and just has a Message action; does that message popup?

BTW, sending events should work.  I have some ALs that refresh table fields
on the form behind my Inline form by using events.

Jason