Time will tell.   It is encouraging at the moment.  I think many of us have
experienced the financial machine placing itself between customers and
products, the customer and product design, the customer and licensing.
 Let's not kid ourselves, there is still money involved.  These companies
don't invest unless they think they can make money but it seems this is a
necessary step if BMC is going to survive.