Hi Dave,

The hostid used to generate the license is based on the mac address of the
first interface seen by AR System when it starts. When there are multiple
interfaces (which happens more often than not on production servers), your
hostid can change during the upgrade of ARS.
At what moment in the upgrade process did you purge/upgrade your old
license ?
When AR System restarted, did it give you the "this version of AR System is
ready for evaluation [...]" message ?