Sandra,
If it was DNS, it wouldn't work from start/run or IE...what you may find,
if you dug into the specifics of the protocols, is probably some obscure
rule that is being enforced by IE when an external application is trying to
launch a file, likely related to intranet vs internet with 'trust' rules in
place and such

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Hennigan, Sandra <sandra.henni...@usdoj.gov