Thanks Lj.
So during the rebuilding process users are unable to use the web interface?

Danny Herrera

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Longwing, Lj
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: HTTP 500 error

**
Yes, by clearing the local cache, I'm referring to deleting temp internet files.

Regarding the server cache, that's accessed at

http://<webserver>:<port>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp<http://%3cwebserver%3e:%3cport%3e/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp>

You provide the password needed, and then go to Cache, and press the 'Flush
Cache' button....now...for the impact.

Depending on your version, load, etc...the impact can actually be rather
severe.  Without a cache, the server needs to retrieve everything from the
server, and re-compile jsp pages before it can present the page to the user.
As you are aware, there are 10's of thousands of active links, and thousands of
forms associated with the ITSM app, so the re-cache process, depending on
hardware can sometimes take in upwards of an hour or more...so it's something
that should likely be done 'after hours' if at all possible....but I sometimes
do it on my server in the middle of the day depending on the impact that it not
being flushed has on the user base...so it's really a judgement call.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Herrera, Danny