If the suggestions LJ made don't work you can try the the steps below.

We recently had an issue where one user would get HTTP 500 error no matter
what machine they logged in from.  It turns out there was something the
system did not like about their AR System User Preference record (let us
know if you need help finding it).

   1. (Optional if doing steps 5 - 8) Open the customer's AR System User
   Preference record in the User Tool and Copy to New (CTR+T) but do not save.
   2. Deleted existing AR System User Preference Record
   3. Have customer login and verify that issue had been corrected
   4. *****  OPTIONAL  *****
   5. Have customer logout
   6. Delete new preference record that was just created
   7. Save the Copied to New preference record
   8. Have customer login and verify the error does not reoccur

By using the optional steps the customer will not lose any saved
preferences.