From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of SUBSCRIBE ARSLIST theReel
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Why do service requests require a Login ID?

Hi,

We are a Managed Services Provider so at any one time we have 150 + companies
who each have their own staff coming and going.  Potentially any of these
customers end users could call our hotline to log a fault. For obivous reasons
it is impractical for us to try and maintain a database of potential callers.
So when a person calls us for the first time our guys create a People profile
for this person. These end users also have no need to access the SRM portal and
so don't require a login ID or licence.

Each of the companies have a manager and the requirement is to provide a place
that these managers can see the details of tickets that their staff are logging.

The idea was that we provide a single SRM logon to the Manager to access the
business manager console and to enable the feature that logs a service request
for each incideint/change logged.

But I am quickly finding out that the Business Management Console leaves a lot
to be desired when using it for this purpose.

Tony

Are, and have been for 20 years"