Thanks for validating.

Guest user is the only way I can think of where a person would be logged in
an not associated with their Login ID (assuming it isn't a shared account
that is use for authentication).  I guess it is possible that
Authentication Unregistered Users would allow a person to login without
having a Login ID (User record) but without Login ID there is no way to
associate the person to their People record.

I am trying to figure out what patchsk is referring to: "Hmm upon further
review it seems like you actually do not need a login to use SRM. All you
need is just a person record".

Maybe that wasn't a technical statement but a licensing one?

Jason