Thanks Jason.  We want to display Incident and Change data.  For some of our
companies it is only the manager that needs access to the info but for others
we want to encourage individual users to logon to the portal to report issues,
get updates etc – in turn reducing calls to our desk.  We have a wide range of
customers, all with different needs which can make configuring our Remedy quite
problematic.

We cannot use shared user accounts as we need to know who logged the call and
what details to contact them back on.  Reporting would also not work as we want
users to have the ability to update the tickets.

In my mind any enterprise ITSM tool worth its salt should have a user friendly
portal which allows users to submit, review and update their information easily
weather they logged it via the phone or online, as well as allowing managers to
search and review all tickets in their area.  SRM seems to do enough to meet
the bare requirements but leaves a lot to be desired.

It was funny looking at your screen shot as I have made many of the same
changes. Although I have not got round to displaying and searching the CHG/INC
number – do you remember where this data is stored or did you have to pull it
back after the request was fulfilled?

The issues I am running into seem to be due to the fact we want to use SRM in
both directions – SR -> INC/CHG but also INC/CHG -> SR.  I find when creating a
SR from INC/CHG not enough information is passed to the SR but that is
something I can work on.

For now my main issue is that new INC/CHGs are not creating SRs when the
contact doesn’t have a Login ID.  I thought I could just use the persons email
address to populate the login ID for old and new people.  But having looked at
the data many of our customers have a number of profiles with the same email
address i.e a company’s IT department call us and want any emails to go back to
a shared account but yet the call still has to have the individuals name. Also
from talking to our guys some will refuse to give out their individual email
addresses.

So my options – put the login ID field on the Create New person dialog and get
our desk to complete an unique Login ID if the email address will not work.
Option 2 – figure out why SRM requires the Login ID and see if I can get it to
work without it (so the managers get to view all tickets no matter what.)
Option 3 – do both option 1 &2.