I could not understand the benefit (still do not) of checkboxes over radio
buttons, at least the way they functionally work in the ARS. I'll explain..

Sure they are an extension to Radio Buttons in the sense that in the GUI,
they are squared up and only a single checkbox option per check box field.

I get that.

What I do not get is why would certain functionality like that of the action
'Return' not work with checkboxes on selection of its value, as it would if
it were a Radio Button. If that is by design, what really was the purpose of
deprecating those functions from checkboxes but making them available on a
single value radio button?

Joe

  _____