Hi List,

BMC made the upgrade process so complex that customer are scared to upgrade to
new versions. Upgrade is eating almost a year to move to 8.1 with data
migrations and all integrations.

In the past we used to upgrade on the existing server only which was easy but
there was a risk in loosing a customization. But that was easy process and we
need not had to bother about data migrations here. In upgrade data migration is
something like a challenging thing.

I understand BMC made this change to preserve customizations and introduced the
concept of overlays but still its not convencing the customers.

Customers are not bothered about any customization and preservation as they
have assigned a team to handle that. Only thing they care about is time, money
and data.

This is one of the main reason some of my company clients moved to Service Now
as they are offering zero down time upgrades with no risk of loosing
customization.

There must be a debate on this, Remedy or ServiceNow.

Regards
JS