Rick,

I have run into something similar recently on a 7.5 system. Take a look at the
WSDL file and find a line for the Short Description field. If you
auto-generated the file on the target server at some point (while building the
web service you push to) you will probably find all the core fields there with
a minOccurs="1", which makes them required in WSDL-speak.  Even if that field
is not included in the values you send or consume the minOccurs means it has to
be present.  We set the field to the text "not used" on the sending side but
did not map it and that seems to work.

Incidentally, we decided to use DSO to do something similar as that protocol
allows for re-tries and returns. There is always more than one way to do it :-)

Doug

--
Doug Blair
+1 224-558-5462

Sent from my iPad Air
Auto-corrected typos, misspellings and non-sequiturs are gratefully attributed
to Steve Jobs :-)