Thanks, Joe, I had forgotten about that file.

I dug through it with renewed hope this morning, but it says pretty much
the same thing the Filter log said.  The Web Service bombs because of the
null field, but the last transaction above the error shows a value in the
field.  I can verify that the field in question is being populated right up
until the WS is fired, and that the mapping on the WS Create operation maps
the field from the last place it was populated into the staging form on the
destination server.

I still have no idea what process is nulling the value from the field.
:-/  Stepping through the process...again...

Rick