From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of laurent matheo
Sent: August-28-14 9:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Login.jsp shows up when CustomizedLogin.jsp gives error

**
Hi Jason :)

I guess you were thinking about "arsystem.inclusion_goto_urls":
https://communities.bmc.com/thread/95765
But it seems it only works for the logout servlet if you do a customize button
and you are using "goto" (?):
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ars81/Creating+a+login+or+logout+form+element+button

The problem is that the "login.jsp" page is hardcoded in
"DefaultAuthenticator.class" from "MidTier.jar".

I°) first solution:
Soooooo, I used a hexa editor to change the value from "login.jsp" to
"klatu.jsp".
My login page is "klatu.jsp" and when the login fails, it's redirected to
"klatu.jsp" so it seems to work in this case :)
Then the problem is that you can't really put whatever you want in url because
of course the .class is byte coded, so if you put "klatuishere.jsp" it's too
long.
One way I did it was I had a page "klatuishere.jsp" which is my login page.
Though in the class file, I just put "klatu.jsp" to respect the string length.
In klatu.jsp, I have a simple redirect to "klatuishere.jsp" :)
It seems to work.

The problem is that it means that of course the "klatu.jsp" page will be called
for all failed login, and maybe you don't want this since it replaces one
hardcoded value by another...

II°) Other way:
Let's say you have two pages, one "login_normal.jsp" for standard users and
"klatuishere.jsp" for special users.
When someone uses the "special" "klatuishere.jsp", you generate a special
cookie and you store the information "klatu" in it. If the user user
"login_normal.jsp", just store "login" inside the cookie.
After the failed login, you are sent back to "login.jsp", though in this file
you modify it to read the content of the cookie.
If inside the cookie you see "klatu", you redirect to "klatuishere.jsp", else
to "login_normal.jsp".

It seems to be working, I made a test.
Though I made quite some screencaptures and a video so well...

If you want how it went, please check this url, you have the explanation of
both methods, the source codes and the video that shows the demo:
https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-32806

On 28 Aug, 2014,at 11:52 PM, Jason Miller