I just want to chime in that rrrChive is my favorite utility!

THANKS MISI

I typically use bat files to run multiple CFG files sequentially.

I used to run several at once, but the DB runs faster single threaded.

Instead of ‘logfile         = rrchivetest’, try AUTO.

I had asked Misi to add this feature so that each CFG file produces a log file
with the same name.

THANKS MISI

The naming convention is important to coordinate the CFG, LOGs and BAT files.

For example, where the client id is “clnt”: clntgo.bat accepts 2 parameters:
CGF-Number and the date/time (be sure the format can be used in a filename.)

The command “clntgo 26 140910” runs rrrChive with “clnt_23.cfg” & produces
“clnt_23_140910.log”

I would also use an ARS escalation to call the bat files, at least to ensure
that ARS is up and running.

The rrrChive error usually indicates a problem in the source server.

Especially with older AR Servers that have been upgraded multiple times, data
errors in ‘old’ records are ‘identified’ by rrrChive.

If you look at the SQL tables for ‘sourceserver, Form1, entry=000000001522516’
you may find incomplete pieces of the AR record.

It will also produce errors for Selection Field values that are no longer
valid, but were when the record was created.

The same goes for other field properties like length and min/max values.

The first few runs (usually for SYNCTOTARGET) produce errors that require data
clean-up in the source server.

Once these are fixed rrrChive runs smoothly every time.

HTH and

THANKS MISI!

Joel

Joel Sender    jdsen...@earthlink.net    310.829.5552