Thanks for the info. I am going to shoot for getting VM's I can then start
clustering and build a decent environment without the need to go back through
hardware-justification-hoops. Perhaps the cost savings will get me a trip to
Engage next year.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:40 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy 8.1.2 on VM

**
Are you guys who are running VM's using Full Text Search?

We've never really gotten that working.  We always had the same issue - we'd
index stuff, it would work, and the indexes would get corrupted within a few
days.

BMC wanted us to go to independent physical drives but we have all VM's.  We
did have separate ESX storage for the FTS directories, shared by all servers.

We tried a number of alternative FTS plugin configurations but always ran into
some type of issue.

It's worth noting this is a high-volume environment.

I'd love to know if anyone is using FTS on a VM, and how it is configured
(especially with a server group).

William Rentfrow
wrentf...@stratacominc.com<mailto:wrentf...@stratacominc.com>
Office: 715-204-3061 or 701-232-5697x25