> What connector do you want to use to get these fast-edge signals from the
> backplane to the dds cards and back?

This is part of why I have been proposing LVCMOS signals instead of trying for
crazy bandwidths with differential signaling - the current design calls for the
use of 2mm pin headers, back compatible with the existing DDS boards, which are
not going to give us the best performance.  By opting for surface mount instead
of through-hole, we reduce the pin capacitance somewhat, but it's still not
ideal.

If we are OK with losing the back-compatibility with previous designs, we can
think about using high-speed connectors e.g. SAMTEC QRM8, which are designed
for this sort of thing.  The price and footprint of these connectors is similar
to the current 2 mm pin headers, but we would lose the interoperability of
old-style DDS cards.  This is something we might discuss at group meeting.  In
general, we are probably better off going to real high-speed connectors, but it
should be debated.