On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Sébastien Bourdeauducq <s...@m-labs.hk> wrote:
> What exactly should the hotkeys do in ARTIQ, and what are their use cases?
>
> As I understand, the idea is to assign hotkeys to experiments in the
> explorer, and pressing one will run the associated experiment with the
> arguments currently set for it in the right panel of the explorer.

Yes. If it is a useful simplification, a limitation to the function
keys would be fine.
Maybe this can be done programmatically: just another persistent
dataset? Then the editing and updating interfaces are already
implemented...

> Are there other hotkey feature requests/use cases?

IMHO the UI should also have a sensible adaptation the usual desktop
keybindings:

When the explorer is in focus:
enter: enqueue

When the scheduler pane is active:
delete: (graceful) termination
enter: open in explorer?

When an experiment is in focus:
ctrl-enter: enqueue

On top of what I suspect is already exposed by the various widgets
already as key bindings.

--
Robert Jordens.