> > This isn't just a keyboard shortcut, but a new feature. Is anyone else
> > interested in this?
>
> Sounds complicated and a special case to me. A (key binding) way to
> "clear the queue" (in some meaningful way without removing the default
> experiment) or maybe to "dequeue all instances" would do it. Then you
> can fire two shortcuts.

Good point. An alternative approach that requires no change to ARTIQ is the
following.

a) Start a program that plots some observable in the GUI.
b) Repeatedly call (CTRL-ENTER) a short-lived program that steps an
experiment parameter.
c) Observe the impact in to the plot.

Experiment (a) can be marked Flush if the parameter changed by (b) modifies
the state of (a). In the case that experiment (a) modifies something
physical about the experiment no Flush (eg mirror position change).