Let me make clear that I don't have any specific opposition to FMC for the
power/digital signals.  The only reason for considering other types of
connectors would be either if the desired stackup height is not doable (this is
unlikely -- one .224" bullet e.g. corning A1A1-0001-02, plus two male connetors
with .051" reference plane distance, e.g. Molex 74315-3312, gives a total SMP
height of 8.28 mm, which works perfectly with the standard FMC stackup height
of 8.5 mm board to board), or if there is not enough real estate on the board
to meet the physical footprint requirements (FMC is larger than the QSE
connectors I sent along, for example).