> We'll probably want a few dozen TTLs, broken out on SMA, so the FMC panel
> is not an option there.
>
> We can remove PCIe indeed, but keeping the WR oscillators is probably a
> good idea as they can be used for clock synchronization with the master.

For the purpose of a TTL card, I would recommend that the TTL be broken out to
LVDS over cat5/cat6 using RJ45 connectors, as is currently done in the ARTIQ
hardware.  It would be possible to send 64 TTL lines out of a single AMC card
of 6 HP width in this manner, much more than you could ever do with SMA, and
with vastly cheaper cabling and excellent signal integrity for long cabling
runs (tested to work fine with 30 m cable, for example).  We have existing
breakout boards that convert between 4 TTL signals on SMA and 4 LVDS signals on
Ethernet cables.

This card would not have an FMC mezzanine, but would rather just break things
out directly from the FPGA.  I would recommend using a similar architecture on
the AMC board to our existing TTL riser card that interfaces between TTL at the
FPGA and LVDS.  I know we could directly drive LVDS to/from the FPGA, but then
we don't have any isolation between the FPGA user IO and the end user
application, which makes me nervous that users could more easily fry the FPGA.

One could use a very inexpensive FPGA for this particular task, although it
might be nice to have a hard processor if it is driving so many TTL lines.