Just to clarify this: We do need a pretty large FPGA (7K325T) on the AMC cards
due to the resource requirements of signal processing. Then we have 16 GTX
12.5Gbps transceivers, but if we want to make the two FMCs identical and
capable of receiving fast 4-channel DACs with 8 lanes, then we have no more
transceivers. So the IOSERDES option is still interesting.

Greg - How many data lanes can we easily have between the MCH and each AMC
with a star topology backplane?

Sébastien