On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Jonathan Mizrahi <jmizr...@umd.edu> wrote:
> I have one question, just out of curiosity: What is the motivation of
> linking two "buddy" channels in the way you described, with the b and c
> flags to turn these on and off? What application uses this feature?

A pair of buddy channels gives you all the features of two of those
signal generators in an IQ signal stream (thus also twice the
bandwidth and 3dB more SNR -- if I am not wrong). That means four
tones with two full-bandwidth oscillators. The IQ stream is something
that can be naturally fed into the DAC in question. Take a look at its
block diagram in the datasheet. Only an IQ stream can be coarse
modulated, shifted in frequency by the DAC's NCO, sinc-shaped, and
easily fed to e.g. an analog IQ mixer to get you to another frequency
window.
I just didn't call that pair of buddy channels an "IQ pair" because
when coupled, each channels's signal generators feed both I and Q.

Robert.