Leonard,
I don't remember whether St. James Place's closure is part of the
infamous Fishman land grab, it probably is, which would no doubt doom
your business.  However, even if it is you may have an action against
the city or more likely your landlord for the failure to provide
notice.  You need to talk to a lawyer if you've not already done so;
who knows this, lack of legal notice, just might be one of those
stupid little details that provides a clever lawyer an interesting case.