More, sorry, but if the area no longers has concentrated poverty you
lose funding. Going to be hard to keep funding if we lose poor
people. See posts from prior days about possible dissapearing of
sections of AP society. Sorry BB, if we become allfuent, we lose
funding. We will lose it precisely because of the rich folks (I have
nothing against them since I guess I would qualify) in these condos,
but they don't have to pick up the tab. NICE JOB INCUMBENTS. It gets
worse the more you look. I guess this is what all the people on this
forum smarter than myself have been seeing for a while. Anyone
interested in a 4,000 sf victorian, completely restored, new
windows, central HVAC (2), gourmet kitchen with Viking appliances
and close to beach?

The factual record included only the comparative data from poor
urban districts. The Court implies that older suburban and rural
communities with similar characteristics might also be eligible for
Abbott designation. While this possibility cannot be dismissed, it
is overwhelmingly probable that the conditions for Abbott
designation will be primarily urban. High concentrations of poverty,
significant mobility, and the other characteristics of poverty are
much more likely to be found in urban centers. The needs of poor
rural and older suburban poor communities certainly exist and may
require additional remedies, but Abbott designation should not be
the only recourse available or possible.

B. Two-Part Test for Designation

In order to be eligible for an initial Abbott designation and
remedies, a school district must be characterized by both low
student achievement and concentrated poverty. Both Abbott II (page
385) and Abbott VII, as well as legislation (N.J.S.A.18A:7G-4), give
the Commissioner the responsibility to determine those districts to
include or, as will be discussed, to remove from Abbott status