Hey BB,
If you have the time, check out www.cdbaby.com. That should answer
the question about who is making good rock'n'roll these days.
It's not being made on the major labels nor played on the big radio
stations. You have to go to the small venues and media.
Now as for the potential question if these types of acts could
somehow translate into a factor in AP's salvation ... maybe they can,
maybe they can't. We can bat that ball back and forth forever and not
get a satisfactory answer, although I'm sure someone like Scott
Stamper at the Saint would have a positive spin on it.
~Heshy

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Gary said:
>
> "Guess you're not listening to the right stations... In my opinion
> this is one of the greatest eras for music since the ability to
make a
> cd is within the hands of just about every artist in the world."
>
> In some ways that's good.  I'm all for the rugged individual
promoting
> himself.  On the other hand, music could end up damaged liked the
> 1960's damaged art.  Art lost all its standards. Suddenly anyone
> putting a brush to canvass could claim to be an "artist" simply
> because he was creating, even if what he was creating stunk.  No
> standards. Ask any artist when he actually became one and you won't
> get an answer.  If I can record any old noise on a CD am I a
> musician?  I don't think so, but in a standard less society, I'll
be
> able to say that I am.
>
> By the way Gary, I'm interested:  What CD's are currently in your
CD

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM