> As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet the next time any of us are
> in Atlanta, (which is 70 miles away, according to the show) if we
> ask 10 30-something locals on the streets where REM
> was "discovered", at least 1 of them would be able to give us the
> best way to get to that unnamed bar in Athens.

Actually the museum that we are looking at the closest for a model for the
New Jersey Music Hall of Fame is the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.  That
museum has had tremendous success in building up the state's musical
heritage to a larger audience.

Of course, the way things are going with Asbury Park not wanting tourism, I
guess we may be forced to look elsewhere for a home.  It's a shame because
Asbury Park shouldn't seek to be the next Bradley Beach - it should be
seeking more.  It has too much going for it to settle into the next little
family town on the Jersey Shore...

One more note of just how much success Belmar is having with their move to
residential.   The town council voted to have our parking meters run from
May to the end of September.  Why is this important? Because for decades
those meters were ONLY used during the summer.  The town is struggling to
find ways to make up for lost tourist revenue...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM