I think traderdube got it right the other day.  Skip is always on the
attack. Periodically I throw up a defense,(because I'm only human) but
the score is hardly even.

Go ahead and review my posts with everyone else.  I follow one rule:
I don't make "a conclusion about the person." That's the secret to
being polite on a board like this.

Some examples:

OK to say:  I disagree with you.  You are wrong about that. Your
opinion is not supported by the facts, so you are wrong about that.
Here is why my conclusion is better than yours, etc.

Not OK to say:  You are wrong because you don't know anything.  You
are wrong because you are stupid.  You are wrong because you have not
studied as much as me.  You don't care.  You are a racist. You're
biased.  You're on the take. You you you you you.

It simply never moves a discussion forward to concentrate on the
person.  Concentrate on the other person's analysis, conclusion, etc.,
that's fine.

Look at Skip's last post.  All I said was I would like to see
buildings where the open space on the boardwalk is.  He never engaged
the subject.  Just called me personally a bunch of bad things.

Surely you see the difference.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Dear everyone:  If you don't want people getting nasty in these
> > posts, then please let Skip know how you feel about his post
below.

> Now, now, girls. When I step in as the ref things are really bad.
While

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM