On 9/1/05 10:08 AM, "oakdorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> better explains a reason for more"local" destinations.
>
> Combo housing and destiantion - with a natural resource.
>
> We also have no motels or hotels on the J shore.

The hotel thing always amazed me about the towns from say Sea Girt to Asbury
Park.  Although there are hotels on Route 35, there are very few near the
beach area while a town like Point Pleasant has a zillion mom & pop owned
hotels - probably with 30-60 rooms.

About 90% of the people that come to town for a music related event stay in
Eatontown thanks to the reccomodation of people on various websites.  Many
would love to stay closer to town.  A lot try the B&Bs in Ocean Grove but
they're usually either packed or more expensive than the people are looking
to pay.

Earlier this year, music fans helped pack the Empress a few times once they
found out that it was the nearest hotel to the Stone Pony.  I still remember
when Asbury  Park had a bunch of hotels going strong.   If Asbury Partners
keeps the hotel (Palace inspired) as part of its plan, I bet that alone will
increase tourism dramatically.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM