I just love election season! The Homeland Security funds
distribution was an issue in June, but it isn't until 6 weeks before
an election that Cain & Abel become aware that their towns aren't
getting any. These guys will sell their souls to get elected as
populists. And lawyers, who are always looking for an angle to make
a buck, are more than happy to act as middlemen for the politicians'
souls.

Let's do the math here. The most any town in NJ received is
$200,000. Let's call that "maximum gain". Asbury Park has received
nothing. Right now that's the "maximum loss". Wow, if we could only
get half the maximum gain, that would be great, right? Well, looky
here. Along comes a lawyer willing to give you half of the maximum
gain. Well, actually not GIVE. He's going to try his hardest to get
you half of the maximum gain. Let me explain. If you give him
$100,000, he will try to give you $200,000. Put another way, the
maximum gain becomes $100,000 ($200,000 minus the $100,000 you gave
him). Your maximum loss is $100,000. (You give him the money and the
lawsuit is thrown out of court.) Actually, when you factor in taxes,
your maximum loss is closer to $113,000, but let's just keep it
simple.

Which begs the question: if you are looking to give $100,000 to get
$100,000, why do you need a middleman?

Please BB, humor me and explain how a $100,000 transfer payment to
you will allow you to suck the US Government dry of $88 million.
Considering the total amount given to NJ in 2005 is $21.7 million
and Monmouth County's share of that is $734,235, you've either found
the plans to a printing press or the Master Developer has shown you
new ways of getting golden eggs from geese.

I wonder what the lost revenue from the Waterfront Tax Abatement
scheme has been year to date. I'm guessing it's probably closer to
what Cain & Able are seeking from the Homeland Security piggy bank
than what Asbury Park is expecting to receive from the Homeland
Security piggy bank.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM