Gary I agree with you 100% on year round rather than seasonal.  We
won't have the hotels/boarding houses to support the weekly stay-
over type of seasonal that you have in Ocean City, Wildwood etc.

Year round will attract daytrippers.  Considering that Monmouth
County alone is more populated than Boston and has a much higher
median income, we can sustain year-round business.

I know I am the only individual in the world that wants to
see "Short Hills Mall at the Shore" on our boardwalk - something
new, different and fantastic to get people buzzing.  Since I have
exactly zero supporters of that idea I know it won't happen (so no
reason for people to jump on me for posting it, either :-)).  At
least many people are on board with the idea of year round
businesses as oppossed to seasonal.

The problem is:  What will attract poeple to the boardwalk on a
blustery February day like today?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > There can be a concentrated entertainment district proximate to
the
> > boardwalk. Restaurants would also work (power plant, etc. along
> > Ocean). But the pavillions should mainly provide seasonal retail
and
> > public spaces. I think a restaurant could work in CH as well year
> > round.
> >

> While Asbury Park and most of the Jersey Shore has always been a
seasonal
> business, times have changed and the outlook may be different
now.  There
> are far more people living year round in Monmouth County now than
at any
> time in the past 50 years - plus more in the last 15 years.  While
Monmouth