--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The Redevelopment Plan made a conscious effort to be year-round
and
> not seasonal.  Daily visitors, not overnight visistors. In fact
the
> parking plan was intentionally drawn to discourage the old
fashioned
> week-end, week long and summer long tourist.
>
> The whole thing was studied, argued, vetted and ultimately decided
> upon.  An election re-affirmed the City's acceptance of the plan.
>
> Why argue for a Bed and Breakfast when the City has moved away
from
> tourism so decidedly?

Well if I recall correctly the City recently amended it to allow
B&B's. Secondly, I think the Council and the especially the Mayor's
tirade at the special meeting on 1/27 clearly showed that they
thought the year-round focus was wrong. I think they were explicit
in that. You may argue that that is only in relation to boardwalk
retail. Perhaps their remarks are limited to that but if you think
that the overwhelming majority of people who will purchase the 3100
condos are going to be year-round residents, well, I think you
should respectfully stick to the law and leave real estate to us
professionals. I don't mean that mean-spirited Tom. But even if the
major focus is for year-round living, are you suggesting that B&B's
nd tourism have no place in AP? I think that is a mistake, a big
one, and it will lead to a never-ending cycle of one revenue source -
 residential real estate taxes. And what may I ask has Partners, the
council or the WRP done to make this an inviting place for year-
round living? Fishman has told potential buyers in the press not to
bring their families because fo the schools.

> It's tough for discussion to move forward when we get stuck
> pondering something that was decided so long ago.

My post was not in the vein of moving things forward, but a look at
what we lost yesterday.

> I know you greatly disagree with the idea, and I don't mean to
start
> a flame war over whether it was the right or wrong direction to
go,
> but we did go there, and we have to keep moving forward.

Your last remark neglects the issue of what destination one wants to
reach. I would rather halt my forward moment to get my bearingss
rather than rush forward into the wrong direction.