--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "jerseyjohn99" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> This story, if true, makes my stomach churn. Where is the
> constitutional principle of "just compensation" that the pro-ED
> people seem to focus on? These people are being bankrupted by the
> redeveloper.
>
> This story needs bigger national attention. At the very least, the
> mortgage company, or even the Mortgage Bankers Association, should
> be made aware that their investment in Asbury Park is being
> threatened. Imagine the loss to all residents and to the new units
> if major banks refuse to lend in Asbury because of the predatory
> practices of the developer. Although, that would be an interesting
> battle to have a major corporation with deep pockets fighting this.
>
> Does anyone have any markers to call in at 60 Minutes?

See what I can do. But remember, it would be a limited number of
property owners, that is only those whose property are to be
condemned. It is most troubling in the case of those who own homes.
At a prior council meeting, Bruno, in response to Mrs. K's plea not
to condemn her home, he assured "long-time" APers that they would be
protected. However, he went out of his way to say the same
protection would not be afforded purchasers who bought in recent
years, I asume after the MOU. I guess caveat emptor. What ever
happened to equal protection under the law. I'll try to contact the
homeowner and their attorney to verify the initial offer. I hear
Moliver is doing appraisals on Sewall today.