Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: On liverpool -
light...

It comes down to greed and the value of land. A mini-golf on the boardwalk is worth maybe
10k per year in rent - that 16,000 sq ft of land can hold a good number of condos, stacked
correctly. Same goes for kiddie rides etc. Coupled with the high costs of insurance, scares
operator people off. Then we go back to the talk  - you have Great Adventure, Point, Ac etc.

Blame it on the iPod. Or Yahoo groups.

Of course you can also look at the positives that won’t happen.  Great Adventure during the summer is practically the biggest employer for Ocean County AND Monmouth County.  There are buses that pick up kids all along the Shore each day and bring them to Jackson to work.

Think Asbury Park could use more jobs?  That’s one thing that pretty much every council member would probably agree with.  So, the Condos may bring more year round people (or weekenders, we’ll have to see how it pans out) which could lead to more jobs in the downtown area but a thriving tourism area would bring a lot more jobs and bring people to the downtown area as well.

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS